1. Demographics
Which Mandarin programme are you currently taking or last took?
你目前/最近在學習哪個普通話課程?
Beginner Level (HSK 1-2) 初級 Intermediate Level (HSK 3-4) 中級 Advanced Level (HSK 5-6) 高級
2. What is your gender? 你的性別是? Male 男性 Female 女性
3. Your age? 你的年齡是? 18-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55-64 65 and above 65歲及以上
4. What is your ethnicity? 你的種族是什么?
Malay 馬來族 Melanau 馬來諾族 Iban 伊班族 Bidayuh 比達友族 Indian 印度 Hakka 客家 Hokkien 福建 Teochew 潮州 Cantonese 粵族(廣東) Other. Please specify 其他,請注明:
5. Linguistic background 語言背景
Which dialect/language does your family use the most?
你的家庭最常用的語言是什么?
Malay 馬來語 Melanau 馬拉諾語 Iban 伊班語 Bidayuh 比達友語 Tamil 泰米爾語 Hakka 客家話 Hokkien 福建話 Teochew 潮州話 Cantonese 粵語 English 英語 Mandarin 普通話 Other. Please specify 其他,請注明:
6. Which dialect/language does your family use the second most?
您家庭使用頻率第二高的語言/方言是?
No, my family only uses one language/dialect 不,我的家庭只使用一種語言/方言 Malay 馬來語 Melanau 馬拉諾語 Iban 伊班語 Bidayuh 比達友語 Tamil 泰米爾語 Hakka 客家話 Hokkien 福建話 Teochew 潮州話 Cantonese 粵語 English 英語 Mandarin 普通話 Other. Please specify 其他,請注明:
7. Which dialect/language do you use most comfortably every day?
您在日常生活中最自在、最習慣使用的語言/方言是?
Malay 馬來語 Melanau 馬拉諾語 Iban 伊班語 Bidayuh 比達友語 Tamil 泰米爾語 Hakka 客家話 Hokkien 福建話 Teochew 潮州話 Cantonese 粵語 English 英語 Mandarin 普通話 Other. Please specify 其他,請注明:
8. When did you first study Mandarin systematically?
您首次系統地學習普通話是在什么時候?
Before entering kindergarden 入讀幼兒園之前 During kindergarden 幼兒園期間 In school 在學校期間 In the university 在大學期間 After starting work 工作后 After retirement 退休后
9. Please indicate your level of agreement with each statement according to the following scale: 1=Strongly Disagree, 2=Disagree, 3=No opinion, 4=Agree, 5=Strongly Agree
請根據您對每一陳述的認同程度,選擇最符合您情況的選項: 1 = 非常不同意, 2 = 不同意, 3 = 無意見 / 既不贊成也不反對, 4 = 同意, 5 = 非常同意
Besides formal learning, I also study Mandarin informally through...
除了正式學習,我還通過......非正式地學習普通話。
entertainment (eg. drama, music) 娛樂活動(如:戲劇、音樂)
electronic learning platform (eg. website, mobile apps) 電子學習平臺(如:網站、移動應用程序)
10. Outside the classroom, I use Mandarin ...在課堂之外,我使用普通話……
to interact with Mandarin-speaking family members.與講普通話的家庭成員交流。
to interact with Mandarin-speaking people (except family members) for non-working purposes. 為工作目的與講普通話的人士(家庭成員除外)交流。
to understand dramas, songs, social media and other kinds of entertainment. 了解電視劇、歌曲、社交媒體和其他類型的娛樂。
to read public texts (eg. shopnames, notices, signboards). 閱讀公共文本(如:店名、布告、招牌)。
11. Motivational Orientations
動機取向
I take up the Mandarin course because ...
我選普通話課程是因為……
it will definitely help in my future job. 這對我將來的工作肯定有幫助。
I want to connect to and retain my Chinese family cultural heritage. 我想與中國家庭的文化傳承建立聯系并將其保留。
I may go to China to further my studies. 我可能會去中國深造。
I want to interact with Mandarin-speaking people. 我想與講普通話的人交流互動。
I want to know more about China and the Chinese community. 我想更多地了解中國和華人社區。
I may go to China or other Mandarin-speaking regions for vacation. 我可能會去中國或其他講普通話的地區度假。
I have Chinese family background so it is part of my cultural identity.我有中國家庭背景,所以這也是我文化身份的一部分。
I want to make myself more knowledgable. 我想讓自己更有知識、更博學。
knowing Mandarin can help me in applying for job, although I have not decided which job to take up. 會普通話可以幫助我找工作,盡管我還沒有決定從事哪份工作。
it helps me to enjoy Mandarin dramas, TV programmes, songs and books. 它能幫助我欣賞普通話戲劇、電視節目、歌曲和書籍。
I want to know more about the Chinese culture.我想更多地了解中國文化。
my family hopes I can learn Mandarin. 我的家庭希望我能學習普通話。
to fulfil credit and graduation purposes. 為了滿足學分要求和畢業目的。
12. Learning materials
教材
I hope my Mandarin textbook has...
我希望我的普通話課本有……
less challenging passages.較不具有挑戰性的段落。
more challenging passages.更具挑戰性的段落。
lesser grammatical items.較少的語法項目。
more grammatical items.更多的語法項目。
passages with smaller Chinese font size.使用較小中文字體的段落。
passages with bigger Chinese font size.使用較大中文字體的段落。
13. I prefer some passages in my Mandarin textbook to have some elements of … 我希望我的普通話教材中的某些段落能包含一些……的元素。
Chinese traditional culture. 中國傳統文化。
Chinese folklore. 中國民間傳說/民俗。
Chinese pop culture. 中國流行文化。
Chinese lifestyle. 中國的生活方式。
information about Mandarin and Chinese writing system. 關于普通話及漢字/中文書寫系統的信息。
Overall, I am satisfied with the Mandarin textbook being used in my Mandarin class. 總的來說,我對目前在普通話課上使用的教材感到滿意。
14. What types of learning materials you prefer to have in your Mandarin class? 你更喜歡在普通話課上使用哪種類型的學習材料? Textbook only. 只使用教材(教科書) Textbook and textbook-related materials only. 僅使用教材及教材相關的配套資料。 Textbook and non-textbook-related materials only. 使用教材和非教材相關的資料。 Textbook, textbook-related materials, and non-textbook-related materials. 同時使用教材、教材配套資料和非教材相關的額外材料。
15. Teaching and learning activities
教與學活動
What do you think is the ideal classroom language for your current level’s Mandarin class? 你認為以你目前的水平來看,普通話課堂的理想授課語言 應該是怎樣的? Completely English/Malay. 完全使用英語/馬來語。 Mostly English/Malay. 大部分使用英語/馬來語。 Half Mandarin, half English/Malay. 一半普通話,一半英語/馬來語。 Mostly Mandarin. 大部分使用普通話。
16. What is your preferred ratio of instructor’s explanation to classroom activities in your current level’s Mandarin class? 在你當前水平的普通話課中,你更喜歡教師講解與課堂活動的比例 是多少? Instructor’s explanation?10%, classroom activities?90%教師講解?10%,課堂活動?90%。 Instructor’s explanation?30%, classroom activities?70%教師講解?30%,課堂活動?70%。 Instructor’s explanation?50%, classroom activities?50%教師講解?50%,課堂活動?50%。 Instructor’s explanation?70%, classroom activities?30%教師講解?70%,課堂活動?30%。 Instructor’s explanation?90%, classroom activities?10%教師講解?90%,課堂活動?10%。
17. The focus of my Mandarin class should be on ... 我的普通話課堂重點應放在……
cultural exposure. 文化接觸/文化體驗。
18. The type of classroom activity I prefer in my Mandarin class is ... 我更喜歡在普通話課中使用哪種類型的課堂活動……
mechanical practice (drills). 機械練習(重復操練/口頭/書寫訓練)。
whole class oral Question and Answer session. 全班口頭問答環節。
individual oral practice. 個人口語練習。
oral presentation. 口頭陳述/匯報。
flashcards?related. 與閃卡相關的活動。
multimedia?related (eg. songs, understanding short clips). 多媒體相關活動(例如:歌曲、短片理解)。
online interactive platform?related (eg. kahoot, quizziz). 在線互動平臺相關活動(例如:Kahoot、Quizziz)。
19. How many group members do you prefer to have in the classroom activities of your current level’s Mandarin class?
在你當前水平的普通話課堂活動中,你希望小組有多少人?
I prefer to work alone. 我偏好獨自完成。 2. 兩人一組。 3. 三人一組。 4. 四人一組。 More than 4. 四人以上。 whole class doing together. 全班一起來。
20. Do you prefer to have take-home exercises?
你喜歡帶回家的練習嗎?
No. 不喜歡。 Yes. 喜歡。
21. I think the following type of exercise is challenging: 我認為下列哪種練習具有挑戰性:
Constructing sentence. 造句練習。
Filling in the blanks. 填空練習。
Identifying mistakes. 找出錯誤練習。
Multiple choice questions. 多項選擇題。
Reading comprehension. 閱讀理解。
Stroke-by-stroke character writing. 筆畫書寫練習(逐筆描寫漢字)。
22. The component of Chinese culture I prefer to be exposed to is ... 我希望接觸的中國文化元素是……
martial arts (e.g. wushu, taichi). 武術(如武術、太極)。
Modern Chinese technology. 現代中國科技。
23. Given chance, I hope to be exposed to Chinese culture through ... 如果有機會,我希望通過以下方式接觸中國文化……
classroom sharing by instructor. 由教師在課堂上分享。
classroom presentation by learners. 由學員在課堂上做展示。
paid visits to cultural spots. 付費參觀文化景點。
paid demonstration by field expert(s). 聘請領域專家進行付費演示/示范。
24. How would you prefer to be exposed to Chinese characters in your current level’s Mandarin class? 在你目前的普通話課堂中,你更希望通過哪種方式接觸到漢字? No need to expose to Chinese characters at all. 完全不需要接觸漢字。 By requiring me to only recognise selected Chinese characters in the textbook. 只需要在教材中認識(認讀)所選漢字。 By requiring me to recognise and write selected Chinese characters in the textbook. 需要在教材中既認識又書寫所選漢字。
25. I prefer to be assessed (with marks) in my Mandarin class … 在我的普通話課中,我希望以評分方式進行評估 的頻率是……
after each lesson. 每堂課后進行評估。
after each topic. 每個專題結束后進行評估。
after a few topics. 幾個專題后進行評估。
after completed the whole syllabus. 完成整份教學大綱后進行評估。
26. The kind of continuous assessment I prefer is ... 我更喜歡的持續性評估方式是……
synchronous (face to face), e.g. traditional paper and pen written test, oral test). 同步(面對面評估),例如傳統的筆試、口試。
synchronous (online), e.g. timed quizzes. 同步(在線評估),例如限時測驗。
asynchronous (hard copy), e.g. written scripts, scrapbook. 異步(紙本提交),例如作文稿、本子作業。
asynchronous (electronic), e.g. video clips, recordings, plays. 異步(電子形式),例如視頻片段、錄音、表演。
27. Expectation 期望 My primary goal in taking up a Mandarin course is to improve ... 我學習普通話的主要目標是提升……
reading skill (hanyu pinyin). 閱讀技能(拼音閱讀)。
reading skill (Chinese characters). 閱讀技能(漢字閱讀)。
writing skill (hanyu pinyin). 寫作技能(拼音書寫)。
writing skill (simple and isolated Chinese characters). 寫作技能(簡單、獨立的漢字書寫)。
writing skill (short sentences and/or texts in hanyu pinyin). 寫作技能(用拼音寫簡短句子和/或文本)。
writing skill (short sentences and/or texts in Chinese characters). 寫作技能(用漢字寫簡短句子和/或文本)。
28. I expect my Mandarin instructor to be ... 我期望我的普通話老師是……
able to provide examples of Mandarin usage. 能舉出普通話使用的示例。
of ethnic?Chinese origin. 華人血統。
creative in teaching. 教學富有創意。
knowledgable in Mandarin. 精通普通話。
particular in details. 注重細節。
respectful of learners. 尊重學生。
concerned towards learners. 關心學生。
I regret taking up Mandarin class. 我后悔學習普通話課程。
Your valuable response may call for our attention to carry out a simple follow up. As such, we truly appreciate if you could leave us a bit of your particulars. Rest assured, your particulars will only be used for this research purpose and will be discarded once the research is completed. Thank you.
您的寶貴回復可能促使我們進行一次簡短的后續聯系。因此,如果您能提供一些個人資料,我們將不勝感激。 請放心,您所提供的資料僅供本次研究使用,研究結束后會被銷毀。 謝謝您!
29. Willing to take part in a rewarded group interview?
你愿意參加有獎勵的小組討論嗎?
Yes. My email and Phone Number: 愿意參加,我的郵箱和電話: No. 不愿意參加。